Tuesday, August 9, 2011

picture book

Our first unit, as per the county, is Characteristics of Literature.  I was reviewing a few terms required for the lessons with them: plot, setting, conflict, climax, plot maps, antagonist, and protagonist.  to reinforce the terms, I read the picturebook Top Cat. At first I think the kids thought I was crazy; but they quickly saw the elements in somehting as simple as the picture book.  It was so unexpected in a 7th grade classroom, I think it will stick with the majority of them.

1 comment:

  1. I have not read Top Cat, but it sounds facinating. If you don't mind, I am going to use the same book in my classroom. Hopefully, my seventh graders will like it and be able to identify the literary terms in it. Did you find the book in your media center? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete