Tuesday, August 30, 2011

phonics and Sunday School

I teach kindergarten through 2nd grade in Sunday School.  This past Sunday, there was a fill in the blank activity on their lesson sheets.  It gave a sentence, the first letter of the word for the sentence, then the word at the end scrambled.  It looked sort of like:  I can s____ a song.  NIGS

I found myself sounding the letters for them so they could write the fill-in words correctly( I remembered to stretch out the sounds and link them together like you've been doing in class).  I even remembered to tell them that WRITE had a vowel-consonent-vowel pattern so the I said it's name. 

Just another way to put into practice what we've been doing in class!  I just thought I'd share.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome, Judy. Isn't it amazing that as we become a little more comfortable with the class how we see things differently? I will be returning your book (Thanks, again!) on Tuesday. It was a good read--and I posted about it.

    ReplyDelete